7 Things Entrepreneurs Need to Keep in Mind as We Enter the Second Lockdown
Home Grown ambassador and entrepreneur Daniel Priestley shares seven valuable pieces of advice.
- Nothing is ever as bad or as good as it seems. There is opportunity in every hardship and unforeseen complications in every victory.
- Discomfort precedes victory. Often it is the limitations, frustrations and setbacks that lead to valuable breakthroughs and innovations.
- Focus on your sphere of control. Whatever happens, focus on the things you have the direct ability to influence and pay little thought to that which is outside of your control.
- Protect your mindset. Your brain will obsess about whatever problem you put in front of it. Chose wisely (hint: watch less news).
- Environment dictates performance. Your environment includes the physical elements but also the people you talk to, the ideas you focus on and the resources you surround yourself with.
- Disruption creates opportunity. The greatest entrepreneurs started in recessions when they saw gaps in the market while big companies were too distracted to notice.
- Be kind. There’s a good chance you are stronger and doing better than other people around you. If that’s the case, keep an eye out for those that need some encouragement.
Daniel Priestley is the founder of Dent Global, a consultancy that develops entrepreneurs to stand-out, scale-up and make a positive impact in the world. Dent Global’s award-winning business accelerators focus is on developing personal brands, running successful campaigns and developing scalable business assets.
A one-stop-shop for entrepreneurs and investors. What really sets Home Grown apart is their members’ events which provide access to valuable insights and support scaling founders on their growth journey.Richard Farleigh, Entrepreneur and Former BBC Dragon's Den
It’s always a delight to meet, network and entertain amidst the generally relaxed vibes that radiates throughout Home GrownGladstone Small
Home Grown is immersed with an overflowing energy, unrivalled facilities yet the club has a certain uniqueness.Luke Reed
What a special delight and home from home! I stay here whenever I come to London and their Scale-up events are on the money.John Courtney
We are all crying out for opportunities to bump into other people, to spark ideas off them that make us happier, more fulfilled and more imaginative: Home Grown is a forum for just this creative serendipity.Tas Tasgal
Home Grown is more to me than just my office in London. It’s a community. It’s a place to network with other business people. But most of all it’s got that super friendly and positive vibe that you just can’t wait to get there each time.Neil Thompson