Crocodile Lair: Pitch for Business in partnership with SFC Capital
Wednesday 6th July 6:30pm
SFC Capital, the UK’s most active Seed Investment Fund and network of Business Angels, would like to invite you to its next online Crocodile Lair: Pitch for Business organised in collaboration with Home Grown.
Who has got the breakthrough idea? From space missions to cyber security, the start-ups presenting at our popular monthly pitching event are offering ground-breaking solutions! The series is hosted by Stephen Page, Founder of the award-winning Angel Network and Seed Investment Fund, SFC Capital. Past start up success stories include Onfido, CircaGene, Algocyte, Spintex, Dragonfly and B2Space
Pitch for Business
Building a business is tough work and sometimes you need a bit of extra support from outside your team. This is why we wanted to create a space within our events where founders could reach out to their peers for help and gain valuable feedback.
Here are some ideas of things you could ask from other founders:
– Become our alpha/beta testers.
– Try our product and leave a review.
– Let’s help each other reach out to distributors.
– Let’s collaborate on a project.
– Let’s do cross-marketing/cross-selling.
– Let’s follow and support each other on social media.
– Looking for businesses that already tried “this/that.”
- Introduction from SFC Capital and an industry expect –
- 10 min Q&A on the theme of the evening;
- 1 min each for the entrepreneurs pitching
- Networking – drinks and canapes reception
Arrival from 6:30pm in the Montagu Room
6:30-7:30pm: Pitches 1 minute each (not for funding but to share your business’ concept and gain feedback) & Q&A**
7:30pm onwards: Networking
Register for your space by booking now or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Punctuality is the soul of business, respect your fellow members and please come on time
**Please note that ‘Pitch for Business’ is not a pitch for funding nor a way for companies to promote/advertise their services/products to others. This is meant to be a genuine ask for support and/or collaboration. More information can be found in the event description below.
Are you ready to pitch your business and gain valuable feedback, ask for recommendations, and gain a product review? Pitch your business and gain feedback from the experts. Home Grown members have the opportunity for a space to pitch – to register your interest to carry out your pitch get in touch with email@example.com and we will pass on your application / pitch deck accordingly.
Please note that these pitches are not meant to be a promotion/advertisement of your business, but rather a genuine ask for support and/or collaboration.
Who can ‘Pitch for Business’?
– Only businesses that are still in early stages or early scale-up – i.e. raised max. Series A (£1M round), turning over up to £1M.
How can I request a spot to pitch?
– Entrepreneurs who wish to present should email firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm business stage, what the business is about and the ask they will make. Please note that pitching spots are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
How should my pitch be structured?
– The pitch should last a maximum of 5 minutes and must have a clear objective and call to action (that is not ‘buy/invest in my product’).
– During the pitch, you should:
– Present yourself – say who you are and why you are at this event.
– Present your business – its product/service and target market.
– Say what you would like to get from the audience – select just one single thing (you can use the list of suggestions above)
– Say what you can offer in exchange (if anything).
– Let your fellow entrepreneurs know how to contact you.
What happens if I have been confirmed to pitch but do not turn up to the event?
– If for any reason a presenter has been confirmed but does not turn up and does not notify the organisers with sufficient time to find a replacement, they will not be allowed to present in the future.